- HHS-OIG civil fraud investigation closed with no penalties or sanctions imposed against the client.
- Secured reversal of a multi-million dollar extrapolated Medicare overpayment, resulting in the first reported federal court decision in the country invalidating a CMS contractor’s statistical sampling methodology.
- Obtained reinstatement of revoked physician client’s Medicare enrollment without the need for an administrative appeal.
- Negotiated settlement of overpayment assessment by commercial insurance carrier, allowing the client to repay pennies on the dollar compared with the original demand amount.
- Directed internal investigation, audit, and voluntary refund to a federal healthcare program with no subsequent administrative action taken against the client.
- Every case is different, and we cannot guarantee a particular outcome or result. Please contact us to discuss your case and to learn how we can help you.
About Our Healthcare Practice Group
Calhoun, Bhella & Sechrest was founded through an uncommon partnership of seasoned attorneys with decades of experience and younger attorneys in the primes of their careers – all from some of the biggest law firms in the country. Together, we offer clients unique counsel with a cutting-edge approach to legal matters by joining together wisdom earned through experience with youthful enthusiasm. Tempered together, this approach has become the cornerstone of what sets us apart from others. It is through this uncommon firm that we are able to achieve the best possible results for our clients.
Our healthcare attorneys have dedicated their careers to assisting providers with daunting regulatory, compliance, and transactional challenges. We represent all types of providers facing audits, investigations, revocations, terminations, suspensions, exclusions, and other civil and administrative sanctions. We help clients sell their businesses or acquire new businesses. And we provide thoughtful and pragmatic advice to a wide array of providers on some of the most intricate compliance issues. Numerous providers across the country, ranging from some of the largest providers in the industry to single-physician practices, have placed their trust in us. We hope you’ll be next.